Turismo en Tierra del Fuego , Argentina
Search information
Country Information
Tierra del Fuego - Ushuaia
   Río Grande
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Mountain Bike
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
City Tour for Ushuaia
amanecer en la Bahía de Ushuaia

Ciudad de Ushuaia  en invierno

Casa de Gobierno de Tierra del Fuego

costanera y puerto de Ushuaia

Remolcador Saint Cristopher

Casa Bebán

Presidio del fin del mundo

Presidio del fin del mundo

Museo del fin del mundo

Walking for the center of Ushuaia will do some of the oldest housings wooden fueguinas.Son with external cerramiento of foil, in their flat majority. The interior is wooden covered with newspaper paper, sackcloth and decorated paper. Of roofs to several waters, some shine frontis and worked baseboards


The first place that you will be able to see in the city of Ushuaia, is the Shaft located in the Square October 12, summoned in the place where for the first time the Argentinean pavilion was hoisted. Happened October of 1884 first floor 12 the expedition commanded by the Commodore Augusto Lasserre.

Enter to the city for RN3 and lower 2 blocks for Rivadavia until Governor Peace; there to the right three blocks, to go down to the left for Lasserre until the Coastal one


The Avenue Maipú is the marine border of the city that the coast of the Channel travels Beagle whose name remembers the English ship that, under Parker's orders King and Fitz Roy, carried out successive exploration trips between 1830 and 1834.

Continuing will be able to visit the Building of the Provincial Legislature, located in Maipú 465, which has been established as National Historical Monument . It was old housing of the Governor and built during the Governor's time Godoy in 1894, having been totally restored then that a fire in 1920 destroyed it.

In Maipú 367 will find the Antigua Residence of the Family Fields, which was built in 1920 by this family, having been primitively housing and then trade of general fields.

Turn to the right for the coastal one toward the port of Ushuaia and the Nautical Club. At once the Gangplank appears Fique that will take to the left to arrive to the peninsula, the Airport and the neighborhood La.Misión (housings of the Armada), from where you leave the city. From there it finances the Contained Bay - that frozen in winter it is skating hint - until the coastal one that here calls you Argentinean Malvinas.

Return for this (to the right) toward the center. In the north sidewalk will see the Judicial Neighborhood, and Municipal House of the Culture, the Consulate of Chile, Regional Hospital , the Naval Neighborhood and Cemetery. In the riverside hand will see the Walk of the Roses, Complex Polideportivo and the historical House of Bebán.

House of Bebán

The House of the Family Drinks located in Maipú and Plüschow, built between 1911 and 1913 for Don Tomás Drink. The building was bought by catalog to Sweden , it was one of the most ambitious constructions in Ushuaia for long time. It worked the Bank Nation there Argentina up to 1915 and it was residence of the family they Drink up to 1963, it was closed when dying their first proprietors. Then, the family Drinks it donated the facilities to the Municipality.

Reconditioned and relocated in the walk of "The Old Residents" it was reinaugurada November 4 1994 and it is headquarters of important events that summon to the community.

Around this relic the Old Town , a reconstruction of the pioneer Ushuaia is built.

On the same sidewalk, passing the Customs and entrance to the Port, the Civic Square , with the shaft


This Shaft was erected in 1971 and this located in the Square October 12, summoned in the place where for the first time the Argentinean pavilion was hoisted. Happened October of 1884 first floor 12 the expedition commanded by the Commodore Augusto Lasserre.

Continuing the walk sees the Tree of the Centennial, planted in the 100° anniversary of Ushuaia, in 1984.

Also there, Tourist Jetty of boats and catamarans. Where will be able to visit one another the Tug Saint Christopher which arrived to Ushuaia in 1953 to collaborate in the reflotamiento of the ship Cervantes it Mounts. January of 1930, 22 when the tourist vapor Mounts Cervantes, property of the company South American Hamburg, it beaches among the islands Them Eclaireurs with approximately 1.500 people on board, the ship Saint Cristopher up to Ushuaia to participate of the reflotamiento of the same one that during the haulage maneuver, it finished collapsing spectacularly. The signature Simoncini landlady of the St. Cristopher decided to leave the ship in Ushuaia.

In front, the Legislature and, behind, the Provincial Government's headquarters and lastly visit Government's House in San Martin 450, headquarters of the authorities of the Provincial Executive Power from 1976. Their facilities gather the offices of the governor of the County, and of the minister that conform the provincial cabinet. with their dome.

Ascend for street Rock a block until San Martin, the commercial artery, and continue for her right wing until their end in Yaganes, where it is the Base Sea and air Admiral Berisso and the old and legendary Prison and Jail of Recurrent and Museum.

Prison and Jail of Recurrent and Museum

The prison was closed in 1947. it is conserved in their original state one of the cell-room wings for convicts. The solid and cold stone walls housed some of the most dangerous criminals and criminals that there was in the country in other times. The jail and the town you calefaccionaban with firewood that those punished cut in the forest. They took it in trams thrown by a small locomotive of the prison. Today, a company exploits a road of narrow trail for almost the same places

Inside the prison the first printing, the forge shop, tailoring and shoe store, pharmacy and medical service worked. Electric Luz, telephones, bread and milk benefits that Ushuaia received from the prison were also. It is interesting to travel their historical pavilion and the Marine Museum of Ushuaia that there works, with a collection of reproductions to scale of the ships of the discovery, colonization and development of Tierra del Fuego besides pictures and objects referred to the history fuegina.

To the exit of the Prison, go down again to the coastal one and. in Maipú 177, visit the Museum of the End of the World

Museum of the End of the World

Small museum created in 1979, with the history fueguina and a room of birds with all the species of the island. It exposes indigenous devices, of the browsers and missionaries, of the ships and of the prison. You stamp and currencies of gold coined by Julio Popper (and until the oven where it fused them) and the mascarón of prow of the ship Duchess of Albany that, it dominates the main room. The museum possesses library fueguina for consultation, with strange works or únidas

To travel now the coastal one toward the east, until the outlet of the river Olivia in the channel Beagle. There is the Station of Piscicultura

Station of Piscicultura

River Olivia there the process is observed of it spawns, it raises and salmónidos siembra in rivers and lakes fueguinos . They see each other the copies in piletones that are filled with water of the river Olivia. These fish, once fields, reach big dimensions, that makes of the island a true paradise of the sport fishing.

Fishing Sport


The fishing is governed by a regulation and it demands to take out a permission or license. Consult in the clubs of fishing of Ushuaia or Big River .

To finish the Walk, to return for the coastal one to the center and to visit street on foot San Martin, the main commercial artery, with pleasant coffees and restaurants. See the import trade and tax-free merchandise - some very elegant ones - with good selection of electronic, appliances, perfumery, picture-video, toys and dress. Tierra del Fuego is an area special aduanera. There are ends for the purchases of cared merchandise. Consult in Address of Tourism.  

Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723