Turismo en San Luis , Argentina
Search information
Country Information
Villa Mercedes
 
   San Luis
   Villa Mercedes
   Merlo
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
From Villa Mercedes to Merlo
Camino a Merlo

 

 

 

 

Camino a Merlo

 

 

 

 

Camino a Merlo

 

 

 

 

Camino a Merlo

 

 

 

 

Camino a Merlo

 

 

 

 

Camino a Merlo

 

 

 

 

Camino a Merlo

 

Travel for the picturesque valley of the Conlara toward Merlo , an outstanding tourist center in the mountain of Comechingones , with a microclimate exceptional, beautiful landscapes and a very complete tourist infrastructure.

It is a tract of 170 km of excellent paved road. to traffic in all season. It has several stations of service, the first one to 64 km in La Toma. There are also simple hostels and hotels in the towns

 

From Villa Mercedes (km 0), the RN 148 rumba take to the north, in address to the Valley of Conlara., when arriving to the km 47 from Villa Mercedes you arrives to San José of the Morro.

 

Continuing for the RN 148, to 64 km of Villa Mercedes, a paved road of 7 km takes to the west toward the town of La Toma and when arriving to the km 89 it will arrive to Naschel ( 2 km to the west), with paper industries and tannery. The effective industrial promotion has given new impulse to these towns, decayed when finishing the rail peak.

In the km 111, to the west, you will find a paved entrance of 2 km that takes to Tilisarao

 

Tilisarao

 

It possesses an important sawmill of granites of diverse origins and a factory of excellent linings, largely dedicated to the export.

The town was formed next to the Lame Station, installed in 1904, in a donated loteo and sold by the settled down Cleofé Domínguez. It grew quickly. trading wood and fruits of the region. For that time the studies began to build the dike and the watering channel with waters of the Conlara (today dike and reservoir San Felipe).

This town soon eclipsed to the historical village of Lame, in its origins it had taken the name of New Lame, for its vicinity to the same one, but in 1925 the neighbors negotiated its change for Tilisarao, voice cacana (diaguita) that means region of the wild corn, of which is great producer.

From Tilisarao it leaves a paved road of 9 km toward Renca.

 

Renca

 

It is a historical population beside the river Conlara and a well-known sanctuary of pilgrimage of the Mr. of the Thorn, with an important procession that is carried out May 3.

The village of Lame was founded in 1753 by instructions of the Meeting of Populations from Chile in the Sacred Christ's place of Renca. In the stay of the town a consistent crucifix was worshipped in a timber where the nature had conformed Christ's image in the cross. Found in Limache , Chile and one had news of him from the XVII century and at the beginning of the XVIII century it was brought to Lame by a compassionate lady who stored it in their chapel. In 1729, it leaves of the relic it was destroyed by the fire, being altered with size. From 1732 you the scallop openly in the village.

 

The old rectory of Renca also gave name to the valley that was subdivided in the viceparroquias of Stone Blanca and Larca toward 1810.

The village conserves interesting houses of the XIX century and a founded school and sent to build for Sarmiento, with a simple facade of classic court. Their incipient modernization was stopped when being excluded of the one spread rail. The village has a hostel and a camping site, to 4 km for the one in route to the reservoir San Felipe.

 

Continue for the same road and. 11 km to the west of Lame, it will arrive to the Dike San Felipe

 

Dike San Felipe

 

It is an enormous reservoir of 81.300.000 m3 that waters 13.000 there is and it produces motive force, the same bill with the Nautical and Sport Club San Felipe and diverse campings. Access also exists from La Toma and Naschel.

 

Returning to the RN 148 and take the address to the north. In the km 132 of Villa Mercedes will find an access for a paved road of 3 km that go to the town of Concarán

 

Concarán

 

This town had a great peak during the Second World War for its wolframio production, extracted in the mine The Condors, the main of the country and the second of America of the South, after the Bolivians. This mineral is used to improve the quality of the steel,

In 1905 the rail station settled down that gave prosperity to the old village of Santa Rosa of the Conlara, already delineated as town in 1858, during the government of Justo Daract. In 1872 Villa was denominated Dolores in honor to its patron Virgin, name that in 1934 it was changed by that of the station again.

From the village you can consent to the reservoir The Vegetable garden, to 66 km of distance. In the surroundings of Concarán they are still plentiful the dense and rural algarrobales that formerly characterized the autochthonous landscape. Disassemble them the they have gone reducing to picturesque groves that you/they appear isolated among the cultivations.

 

Advance for the RN 148 and, in the km 157. it will find a paved road of 3 km that takes to Santa Rosa of the Conlara.

 

Of Santa Rosa of the Conlara, for the RN 148 come out a good road paved toward the east that, in 15 km , it drives to Merlo .