Turismo en Mendoza , Argentina
Search information
Country Information
Mendoza
 
   Mendoza
   Uspallata
   Tunuyán
   San Rafael  
   Gral. Alvear
   Malargüe
   Tupungato
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
To cellars of Maipú

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Circuit for vineyards, visiting four important cellars that are landmarks in the history provincial vitivinícola and one of the Museums of the most interesting Wine in the world.

Trip of 39 km for good paved road. Walk recommended to make in day of week, visiting the cellars. Minimum duration of a complete day. It is specially attractive the ends of the summer, to be time vendimial, and in autumn, for the coloring of their groves and vineyards. It will find stations of service in the whole journey.

 

Leave Mendoza for the RN7, heading for Maipú. After 9,5 km it goes down to the right for the rail Ponce (slope to Maipú, according to the sign caminera) and continue the walk being guided by the journey marked in the Plane. When leaving the route it will enter in the strong agricultural-industrial department of Maipú, call Capital of the Wine and the Olive.

The rail travels the district of Coquimbito, covered by incredible cloths of vineyards and olive groves. Their name is the diminutive of Coquimbo, Chilean port in front of The Serene one, where some neighbors of Maipú took refuge after the unitary defeat of Rodeo del Medio (1841). Of turn of the exile and in homage to the received hospitality, Francisco Moyano gave that name to its property that then extended to the whole area.

When arriving to the plazoleta Felipe Rutini, double to the left down the street Mount Landlords and advance 700 m to know the Cellar The Rural

 

Cellar The Rural

 

Around the characteristic load patio and it discharges they meet the three main units. The conservation bodies and fermentation, to the left and right respectively, they frame the perspective toward the employer house. The constructions are of different times, but the group has great unit and it reveals the interest of the company to be testimony of a regional culture of the wine, in which has been main pioneer.

The cellar was founded in 1895 by the Italian immigrant Felipe Rutini, born in Ascoli-Piceno. It was egresado of the Reale Scuola Pratica and gave Agricoltura Antonio Orsini and their first work in Mendoza it was the diagramación the Colonel's park Rufino Ortega (today park Ortega), in Rodeo del Medio.

Its cellar, in society with Cavagnaro, incorporated the best technology in the time and soon it conquered the markets of Buenos Aires and the coast. One of, their good known wines are the "caramañola" of San Felipe.

To the left of the patio it is the Museum of the Wine Cellar The Rural .

A detainee journey is worth. When entering you will read in their facade work et perseverantia, motto that summarizes the attitude of those legendary immigrants' life. The building that was initial ship of the cellar, rises on calicanto foundations, with thick adobón walls and vain framed with brick.

The powerful cerchas of their roofs, the right feet of galleries, and the doors and windows are wooden of poplar.

The museum is classified as one of the best of the world by the originality of its pieces. It was created in 1950 by Francisco Rutini, the founder's son, and systematized in 1970 by their grandson, the doctor Rodolfo Rutini Reigns.

The museum is included in an ambient evocative of dimness, documents faithfully on the elaboration systems and conservation of wines from the XVIII century. In their rooms he will be surprised curious pieces. You will see yoles and arcane. with those that the grape was transported to mule loin, and an old press of ox leather, sustained by locust trunks, where the typical one was elaborated «patero came», stepping the grape. The must came out for the conduit of the line, for then to be transferred in noques (leather pails) and fermented in botijones of cooked mud.

You will also see a cooperage shop, with a bank cooper; a collection of tools; vessels, barrels and vats of Nancy's appreciated oak; the reproduction of a foundry shop; a complete replica of cellar of century principles that shows the whole process vinico, and a collection of machinery of century end detailedly, with presses, moledoras, filters, covering and bombs that glitter carefully restored. The museum is supplemented with books of art of enology, imagery cuyana of the XVIII and XIX centuries, time furniture and old carriages.

After the kind tasting of wines, return to the rail Urquiza and continue toward the left 5 km until street Mitre. In the corner south west it observes one of the few large houses that, although very deteriorated, they are conserved as landmarks of last century. It belonged to Ignacio Rodríguez, member of the Commission Founder of the Villa of Maipú.

 

Turn to the left and, after 500 m , it will sight the Cellars Trapiche

 

Cellars Trapiche

 

It is one of the most noted of the country. It has modern technologies that are applied without leaving aside the wise traditions for the production of the good one came: a care balance, at the same time subtle and rigorous, it is one of the secrets. This family company was founded in San Juan in 1914 for Fifth Pulenta who in 1946 you resided in Coquimbito and it began the construction of the cellar.

A little later on, by Mitre in corner of New Mayorga, it is the Cellar Peñaflor .

Continue their Walk returning to the rail Urquiza, where it will turn to the left until street Flat Tropero and there to the right heading for the city of Maipú . To the step you will find good places for picnic and it will arrive at the spa.

The Lot , with pileta, quincho, courts and implementations to make sports (a moderate entrance is paid).

Near 1 km toward the west for the same road will arrive to the street Pedro Vázquez. There, turn to the right to find the urban center of Maipú

 

Maipú

 

It is city departmental head and integral part of the Great Mendoza. You creó March 31 after the earthquake of 1861, when it proposed it to him as location to replace to Mendoza 's destroyed city. Their instigators were the Father Manuel Apolinario Vázquez, a mercedario transferred Maipú with the purpose of lifting a new temple, and the neighboring José Alberto Ozamis, who donated the lands.

Their square February 12, designed by the paisajista Borelli, it is one of the most beautiful of the county. In the center you will see an important source, acquired in France in 1895 that before was in Mendoza 's square Independence . In the north side they highlight a sprout of San Lorenzo 's pine and the busts of the founders of the city. Surroundings the main institutions are: the Social Club, the Municipality (built in 1908) and the beautiful church of Our Mrs. of The Merced

 

Our Mrs. of The Merced

 

It was inaugurated in 1863 and later on remodeled. It worships the departmental Employer's image, the Virgin from The Merced, that you dressed sash and band of general of the Nation, because it was proclaimed by Belgrano you Generate it of the Army in 1812, during the Campaign to the North.

In the south chapel they stay urns with the Father's ashes Vázquez and of José Alberto Ozamis.

From the square it continues toward the north, as it indicates the Plane, to know the National Museum of the Wine and The Vintage

 

National museum of the Wine and The Vintage

 

The museum is organized in an important employer house of the establishment vitivinícola, the old Cellar Giol that was one of the main ones of the world at the beginning of this century.

The origin of the company goes back at the end of last century, when it was founded by Juan Giol and Bautista Gargantini. The work of these pioneers represents a legendary case, one of the most fascinating of the «boom» economic of the era of the immigration. In 1895, Juan Giol began as vineyard contractor in the important property The Trapiche whose proprietor, Tiburcio Benegas, was governor of Mendoza few years later. In 1896 he associated to Gargantini, then producing of chacinados, beginning to elaborate landlord that was sold the workers of the railroad Trasandino came.

Two years later, the partners bought 48 there is in Maipú and they created the Cellar The Hill of Gold and they marketed their wines Bull and The Hill.

The company had a vertiginous development: in ten years, the two initial bodies of cellar were enlarged at 22, being also annexed other establishments. In 1911 the society was divided in two prominent companies, with Baptist Gargantini to the front of the property of Rivadavia. Giol, associated with the Spanish Bank of the River Plate and proprietor of the neighboring Cellar The Progress, built the first air vinoducto in the world, between the cellar and the plant fraccionadora.

This conduit of 1.700 m of long and 5 diameter cm allowed the transfer of 100.000 l/h of wine. Years later, Giol sold its properties to the Spanish Bank and he returned to Italy , where it died in 1936. The actions of the anonymous society were acquired by the State.

The house that visits one another was sent to build between 1908 and 1910 for one of the partners of the company, Gerónimo Bautistat Gargantini. It was projected by the Bolognese architect Emanuel Mignani and built by the company Ciancio Mignani. It is an Italian village of two floors Liberty style, organized with a great central hall. It is built with iron technology and brick, and completed with modern facilities of water, electricity and heating.

It is careful details in their interior and external ornamentation, where they highlight the works in iron of rails and grills. From all point of view it was pioneer in Mendoza 's architecture.

Of the other side of the garden is the house that belonged to the second partner of the company, Juan Giol, still without restoring and with a small ecomuseo. It is equally beautiful, although different. A wide park surrounds both mansions separating them of the urbanized areas that formerly were immense vineyards.

To the right of the helmet of the property meets the cellar that was nucleus of a powerful industry, with more bodies and vineyards in the neighboring area. Thanks to the railroad it extended their commercialization radio to Buenos Aires .

Between 1954 and 1988, Cellars and Vineyards Giol was a state company, reguladora of the market of production Argentinean vitivinícola. Today it constitutes a cooperative.

 

Continuing to the north down the street Pedro Vázquez will arrive at the Cellars López

 

Cellars López

 

This traditional family company, specialized in fine wines, tintos and white, has great international recognition. In 1934 it also incorporated the industry olivícola, taking place today excellent oils with modern Italian technology. The company was created in 1886 by Don José López Rivas, an Andalusian immigrant. It began as viñatero, marketing grape in Buenos Aires , market that then consolidated with their wines of high quality.

 

To return to Mendoza Vázquez it continues for Father until the street Uriburu. There double to the left and, in Rail Maze, turn to the right until arriving to Rail Rodríguez Peña.

Finally, turn to the right to connect with the Av. South access (RN40) that takes to Mendoza 's city. This route offers the best panorama of extensive cloths of vineyards, framed by the imposing precordillera.

Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723