The journey begins in the Square May 25 , in the Southwest corner of the square is the Church Cathedral.
In front of the square, in the corner of 9 of Julio and Rivadavia, the is House of Government.
The building of Sanitary Works is to the right of the recova, characteristic of the architecture historicista of the 1900.
Following a block toward the south for 9 of Julio will arrive to the one Museum of Sacred Art , some of the pieces in exhibition have the importance of having belonged to celebrated commanders and they are donations made by their relatives.
The is in Rivadavia and 9 of Julio Church of The Merced , to continue the Walk, double to the left down the street Adolfo E. Dávila to visit the one Historical museum of The Rioja .
In the streets A. Dávila and P. Luna, to the right, visit the Church of Sacred Domingo (MHN) , returns to Pelagio B. Luna and turns to the right. To few meters on the right is the access to the one Museum of the City.
Continue to the left two blocks for the streets Razán and Busts up to May 25. There will find San Francisco 's Church.
Located in the apple of the convent, for street J. B. Alberdi, the one is Inca Archaeological museum Huasi, continue the Walk for Belgrano toward the south where you will see the Bank of the Nation, provincial branch of this institution, face you lifts the magnificent building of the Normal school of Teachers .
To the front, don't stop to visit the one Handmade market . This institution that carries out a determinant protection work and stimulus of the local artesanado, was created contemporarily the one Folkloric museum, located to half block in the streets Catamarca and P. Luna.
Return to the street Belgrano and advance for this two blocks toward the south. Between Nicolás of Bar and Rivadavia, to the right, the one is National College
Continue for Rivadavia and turn to the right toward the square 9 of Julio. In the cities of Spanish America of the XIX century, it was frequent that to extend the urban surface you began to build a new square and to their surroundings good buildings rose soon, being formed a hierarchy neighborhood that incorporated the new tendencies. Such it was the case of the New Square . created in 1886 in lands occupied by orchards and properties.
Faced, down the street Dalmacio Vélez Sársfield, the Legislature, a project of 1886, rises but whose construction was delayed by the earthquake of 1894. In their north sector it possesses original pavilions of style art nouveau that imitate structures of branches, trunks and canes, built with armed cement. In the center it highlights a statue of the eminent person of the independence, presbítero
Continue the Walk down the street Rivadavia half block toward the west, to visit the House of the Dr. Joaquín V. González.
Continue for Rivadavia until the corner of Av. Perón (before called Boulevard Sarmiento), another of the works urbanísticas that accompanied to the New square . The boulevard was opened in 1889 during the doctor's government Joaquín V. González, as modern and well traced avenue, with 20 m of wide and forestada with leafy trees in an intent of likening to the boulevards parisinos of half-filled of the century IXX.
The progressive purpose that inspired this work (as well as the rectification and paved of other arteries), it was to transform the old city of the orange blossoms, conventual orchards and narrow and tortuous streets in a modern city.
The fundamental premises were to achieve good circulation of vehicles (although still thrown by horses) and health, correct ventilation, good asoleamiento and afforestation. A little later it happened the earthquake, but the boulevard persisted in its importance and it was nested as main access, receiving an arch in 1936, in the entrance of the city.
Return for Rivadavia toward the center, to finish the Walk in a coffee or restaurant.