Turismo en La Rioja , Argentina
Search information
Country Information
La Rioja
 
   La Rioja
   Chilecito
   Famatina
   Aimogasta
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
RN38 from The Rioja to San Fernando of the Valley of Catamarca
Ciudad de La Rioja

 

 

 

 

Ciudad de La Rioja

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Camino a Catamarca

 

 

 

 

Iglesia San Pablo

 

 

 

 

Iglesia San Francisco

 

Antigua prehistoric route that unites fertile valleys, with visits to places of interest.

This itinerary is of 156 paved km, to make between day. The proposed deviations embrace 70 more km. Load fuel in both provincial capitals.

 

This itinerary of the RN38 that The Rioja unites with San Fernando of the Valley of Catamarca , is an old prehispanic road that connected established establishments next to the courses of water. It indicates this way it the toponym Capayán that means «camino real», given to the department and their village head.

The foot of the mountain of Ambato travels, where there were partialities of Indian Conetas that, during the Colony, they were given in it commends to the Spanish ones and then they consolidated towns, as it increased the development of The Rioja and Catamarca.

In 1885 the brunch of the railroad of the Argentinean Northeast was traced (FF.CC.G.B.), parallel to the road that took to the provincial capital of Catamarca. This means of transport brought the progress and it changed the dynamics and the landscape of the place, with its railroads and small stations of beautiful Italian architecture, built by the Italian engineer Tomás Agustini.

The village of Chumbicha , been founded in 1885 like rail town to the entrance of the county, was the point of bifurcation of other important brunch that went to Tucumán, drawing for the south the mountain of Ancasti . The village had National Telegraph and became the focus of progress of the department. In 1977, the growing importance of the routes like communication roads, it impacted in the closing of these rail brunches and the rising paralyzation of their stations.

Some of these agricultural towns, those of more interest paisajístico and better climate, they evolve today eats summer villages. They keep testimonies of the old progress in their architecture of large houses of Italian style and warehouses of general fields.

Leave The Rioja (km 0) for the RN38 toward the north. The route runs to the feet of the mountain of Ambato to arrive in the km 89, to the village of Chumbicha , originated as rail town; there will find today the best handmade candies of file.

In the km 121 make a deviation to the left for the paved route and advance 1 km until Huillapima (hare print). The area fitogeográfica that continues is known as «forest of the plains», where white quebrachos, mistoles, chañares, white and black locusts, molles, jumes, jarillas, pichanas, mallows and pitches are plentiful.

From this point 7 km continues for the mountain until San Pablo , place with characteristic of pilgrimage sanctuary. Visit their beautiful Church of San Pablo

 

Church of San Pablo

 

It lies on a hill, dominating the landscape. Sent to build for Brother Justiniano Salas in 1886, it is the Italian architect's work Luis Caravati. It is a small but monumental church, with an expressive dome and a piazza that were characteristic of the great architecture of Rome .

So much closely as from a distance it composes beautiful images with the rural landscape of the place, opposing the shine and the smoothness of their white dome of tiles with the rough textures of the mount and their thorny flora. Don't maybe have so persuasively another image in Catamarca that testifies. that fertile meeting of the Italian thing and the telluric thing that it was given in the region in the second half of! passed century.

Continue for the same road ascending for the skirts of the mountain of Ambato , to arrive. in 4 km , to Concepción

 

Concepción

 

This picturesque tourist village is surrounded by numerous fifths, arrayanes groves and florid fields. It has hotel a, Municipal spa and places to camp. It is ideal for a day of field, enjoying good climate and pleasant views, especially in summer.

Return to the RN38 for the same road (they are 12 km ). Continue toward the north 16 km and take the road consolidated to the left then that, in 18 km , it takes to Miraflores and Los Angeles .

It is a picturesque summer town located in the high serranía, with beautiful panoramic views. Of pleasant climate in summer (around 10°C less than in San Fernando of the Valley of Catamarca), it has a capable river for bathrooms, fishing of trouts and places to camp.

Return to the RN38 and continue toward the north 6 km . Take the road consolidated to the right that is the entrance to the New Agricultural Colony Coneta

 

New Agricultural colony Coneta

 

It is an agricultural cooperative of 3.000 there is, worked by 140 colonists. It has a scrupulous rationalization in the use of the water. The one spread of the watering system (CIMALCO) it has conditioned the parcels and the distribution of the houses. The system is based on the storage of water in tanks Australian type and its later conduction for underground pipes, to avoid losses through filtrations in the land.

When arriving the water to points foreseen strategically for the superficial watering, the regantes has shifts with certain time and flow. Each colonist works 2 hectares for vegetables and fruit-bearing (I consummate in fresh or dehydrated) and 10 have for special cultivations as cotton, tobacco, almonds and others. The production has markets in the counties of Whose, Córdoba and Buenos Aires .

The New name Coneta derives of the neighboring town of Coneta . An indigenous toponym that "San Luis of Quiñones of Coneta" persisted in the colonial stay was and he acquired special interest like historical place during the civil wars between unitary and federal. October 9 1826 triumphed there, in their first campaign, the forces "llanistas" of Facundo Quiroga, revealing their military capacity.

Return to the RN38 and continue toward the north 13 km . First it will cross areas of recent agricultural exploitation whose watering has been possible when being optimized the use of the waters of the river of the Valley, after the construction of the reservoir The Pirquitas, in 1961. Then, a tract of industrial area will travel to enter to the city of San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca

Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina<br> © 2003-<script type="text/javascript">displayDate(); </script> Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723