The city of Ramallo was formed by lands that belonged to San Nicolás' bordering parties, San Pedro and some parcels of Reefs and Parchment. This area was known as Payment of the Sisters, name that took the stream that at the moment passes for the party of Ramallo. In 1864 they were divided the costs of the Salted River in 45 parties among those that Ramallo is. The name of the district arose of a resident settled down in the area, gift Bartolomé Ramallo. In that then Mariano Saavedra was the governor of the county of Buenos Aires.
In February of 1886, day in that took place the arrival from the first train to the local station that inaugurated the rail service.
This service, according to the rail flowchart, it was linked with Ramallo, for then only center existent town in the Party. It is for it that is imposed the name of Ramallo to the station that even at the present time preserve.