It is the biggest Argentinean town on the lake Salto Grande. Their origins date of 1750, when settled down a Jesuit stay there. November 16 1810 were founded the first population officially, with the name of Mandisoví for command of the general Manuel Belgrano, while this carried out their campaign to the Paraguay.
The first town was disappearing slowly as consequence of the Portuguese attacks and of the changes of the civil wars.
In 1847, for the governor's of the county order, general Justo José of Urquiza, was transferred to a second location beside the river Uruguay.
It received the name of Federation then, in homage to the contribution of the region to the federal cause. The immigrants that settled down in the place were able to give him a renovated impulse and to introduce new economic alternatives.
The construction of it dams it of Big Jump and the consequent flood of the lands they forced the population to abandon their homes. To harbor it, a new city was built - the third and last foundation -, inaugurated May 25 1979.
Federation maintains the bond with the process of industrialization of the wood.
They exist around 50 establishments that elaborate charts, suspenders, alfarjías, machimbres, linings, drawers for fruits and it stops beehives. Their matter prevails it is fundamentally wood of pine elliotis and of the eucalyptus grandis.