Concepción del Uruguay is placed on the right riverbank of the Uruguay River. It was founded on June 25th, 1783 by Dr. Tomás de Rocamora. The lands belonged to the General Justo José de Urquiza and to the General Francisco Ramirez. It is placed to 320 Km form Buenos Aires capital city.
It became one of the most outstanding areas of the province. It was the first overseas port of the region. Its economic development was based on this activity and other ones such as: agriculture cattle raising, poultry keeping, etc.
About 1913, the liquour industry Lusera appeared. Later on Sibsaya did it. At the moment they are merged under the last name. They produce more than 30 different kinds of drinks among them the "Amargo Cambá".
It is possible to visit the factory. The provincial casino is placed in the north area of the city.
In Concepción del Uruguay there are 3 universities: Entre Ríos National University, the de la Fraternidad University (private) and a branch of the National Technological University.