To the arrival of the Spaniards, the Valley of Punilla presented a political division settled down by different aboriginal establishments whose limits were defined by One of these "counties" it was denominated "Camín Cosquín", origin of the name of this town.
In 1573, Jerónimo Luis deCabrera decided to choose for yes these lands, but finally he could not take possession of the same ones.
Baltasar Galicians, having carried out an exchange for other lands, it began the one that would call you "Farm Cosquín."
With the course of the years the district passed at the hands of well-known characters like the Presbítero Duarte Quirós and María Josefa Bustos de Funes (mother of the Deán Funes).
It is in the year 1830 that the earth suffers a series of subdivisions, giving place to the birth of this town. In 1876, Cosquín is named village by means of a provincial ordinance.
The original layout of the village dates of 1877 and it occupied fifty apples with two squares.
Slowly, at the beginning of century it was being in charge of with casasquintas, arising several hotels and lodgings that, favored by the appropriate benign climate for the treatment of illnesses of the breathing roads, they took it to be constituted in the first center-tourist of the province.
Finally, in 1939 city was declared, being the first town punillense in obtaining such a recognition.
Starting from 1961 it is carried out in the second week of January the National Festival of Folklore