| Located to the foot of the hill Uritorco (1.979 m), bigger height of the Small mountains, in an area that was occupied by comechingones.
Of that indigenous presence the popular legend that counts the history of a natural youth that fell in love with Calabalumba, a witchdoctor's daughter that cursed that love lasts. Before this the couple escaped, but was reached by the curse of Uturunco: to him it transformed it in hill, the Uritorco; and to her, in river of tears that springs from the stone chest of that.
In 1575 these lands, called Gualumba, they were given by real grace to Lucía González Jaimes, the agent's daughter Bartolomé Jaimes, and in 1585 they unify their properties.
In 1700, in the already consolidated stay Gualumba the chapel of San Antonio of the Mount arises, with the time, in lathe of this was conforming to the population that at the present time has a compact construction and it possesses the only roofed street of South America: center of commercial activity where will be able to find sweet shops, ice creams , alfajores sale, goodies and mountain crafts, and that it finishes off in the railroad station where the Office of Tourism works.
At the moment, a series of natural phenomena together to enigmatic stories of villagers and visitors have transformed to the hill Uritorco into a center of attraction for the specialists of the U.F.O .