Turismo en Argentina
Buscar alojamientos, excursiones ,etc
Información de Argentina
 
   La Boca
   San Telmo
   Monserrat
   San Nicolás
   Retiro 
   Recoleta
   Balvanera
   Puerto Madero
   Palermo
   Belgrano
   Flores
   Mataderos
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
History of the neighborhood
 
 
Antiguo teatro Colón

Calle San Martín en 1890

Parque de Artillería (actual edificio de Tribunales)

Calle Florida en 1890

El Jockey Club de calle Florida incendiado en 1955 por simpatizantes peronistas



Pastelería Reibaldi y Gandini fundada en 1875 en la esquina de Suipacha y Corrientes. En el cruce el vigilante de guardia
 
The name of this neighborhood goes back to the chapel been founded in 1733 by gift Domingo of Acasusso in the current Carlos' corner Pellegrini and Currents. The chapel was reconstruída in 1767 for gift Francisco of Araujo, and for Real Identification of July 8 1769, when being the city divided in six parishes, that of San Nicolás was erected as one of them.

In this church August 23 1812 were hoisted for the first time in Buenos Aires the national flag, at times of taking place a religious occupation in action of thank you for the failure of the conspiracy of Alzaga.

San Nicolás' church disappeared when getting wider the street Currents, and in the same place the Shaft rose, in one of whose expensive the legend was recorded that remembers that fact. Today the church of San Nicolás of Bari rises in the avenue Santa Fé 1364.

Another nucleus of the neighborhood that that at the moment occupies the call Buenos Aires City left creating around the Convent and Church of The Merced, the one that was then to only 1 block of the river, where they gave smaller bottom crafts and called era the Well of The Merced. Around 1802 it was built in the place (among the current ones you remain silent Perón and Sarmiento), a called jetty Boneo, for their manufacturer's name that concentrated on him the ultramarine activity of passengers and it loads. When in 1794 the Real Consulate was founded in Buenos Aires, this was in the current Mitre and it Reconquers, beginning the linking of the English trade with the neighborhood. The mercantile prosperity of principles of the XIX century attracted an important number of British immigrants, being formed a bourgeoisie that was settling in this neighborhood with its residences and trade houses. It received this way the name of English Neighborhood. In 1810 is founded the Society here it Trades British at home of Mr. Clark and, in 1830, Juan Manuel of Roses donated the land for the construction of the Church Anglican Cathedral Saint John the Baptist, current Anglican cathedral of Good Aires en the street May 25, between Sarmiento and Perón. The Scotsmen shared the temple and the North Americans formed in 1836 the Primera Methodist Church of Buenos Aires, with temple in the current Av. President Perón, among May 25 and it Reconquers.


The bank activity begins around 1822 with the installation of the first bank in Argentina in the living rooms of the mansion consular Englishwoman. and I develop of the current bank City takes place starting from 1854, when being founded the Bag of Trade in current corner of President Perón and San Martin. From then on, numerous entities were settling down in a monumentalidad unfolding. The first buildings adopted the image of Italian neorenacimiento, in the Victorian English version that represents a sense of solidity, prosperity and prestige, as appropriate image for the financial and bank buildings.

The neighborhood, for its geographical location, is one of the oldest from Buenos Aires, and in its interior understands to the square Lavalle, well-known as the Hole of Zamudio, in a fifth neighbor's reason. The place was dedicated for military exercises becoming well-known as Square of Weapons. The lifted Park of Artillery where today is the building of Tribunals, which dates of 1910, granted him the name of square of the Park, until finally, for Ordinance of the 16 of September of 1878, acquired their definitive name.

In front of her, in the lot of the current Theater Columbus, inaugurated May of 1908, 25 were the Station of the Park, from where August 29 1857 came out in their first trip heading for the Floresta, the first Argentinean train crawled by the celebrated locomotive The Buenos Aires one.

Among the current ones you remain silent Pellegrinii, Sarmiento, Perón (Cangallo in that time) and the passage Caravels was the famous Market of the Silver that was the forced place of purchases for the families that looked for variety of products and good quality. many after the purchases appealed to square cars (kills you) to transfer the merchandise to their casa 
Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723