Turismo en Argentina
Buscar alojamientos, excursiones ,etc
Información de Argentina
 
   La Boca
   San Telmo
   Monserrat
   San Nicolás
   Retiro 
   Recoleta
   Balvanera
   Puerto Madero
   Palermo
   Belgrano
   Flores
   Mataderos
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
History of the Recoleta

 

 

 

 

Anedotas

De acordo com alguns dados anedóticos do tempo de Ortíz de Zárate, o filho vendeu as terras dele a um capitão francês Beaumont chamado, para um pouco de roupas, quer dizer não considerou que este lugar teve valor alguns e então isto, como eles não o interessaram este tipo de posições, os trocou no ano 1608, para um tong, uma peruca e um casaco comum.

 

 

 

 

Coche a princiapios de Siglo en La Recoleta

Histórias

De acordo com os comentários daquele tempo, a casa de Narbona teve numerosos túneis que you/they conectaram isto com a costa do rio e para eles contrabandeando de mercadorias foi introduzido com esses que pôde ser feito de uma grande fortuna. Uma balada do tempo disse que Narbona fez ao Recoleta e o Recoleta feito a Narbona ".

 
Casa de Recoleta a mediados de 1930

 

 

 

 

Convento de La Recoleta

 

 

 

 

Embajada de Francia

 

 

 

 

 

As most of the traditional Buenos Aires neighborhoods their origins were very humble. In the first steps of this neighborhood to their lands or lots denominated it to him "lucks" and one of the first owners of some of these lucks was the own Juan of Garay. The first neighboring founder and mayor of this place was the Dr. Rodrigo Ortíz of Zárate.

In their beginnings was outside of the appearance of the city, and to the moment to be founded the Monastery it corresponded to the payment of Big Mounts, then San Isidro, being for many years one of the suburbs, with characteristic rural for that deforested and solitary.

When increasing the construction and to settle down the slaughterhouse the calls they proliferated “orilleros” that joined in the groceries and reñideros of roosters of their proximities, transforming them into popular clubs, where the time passed surrendered to the drink, hearing payadas, playing to the anklebone or the letters, and matters of the day that woke up its interest discussing.

Those places also served so that vague and hoodlums met with the purpose of concerting some misdeed to be carried out more or less in place near, discounting the impunity grace to the resources to hide and to escape that offered the darkness of the neighborhood, the holes, tunnels and existent zanjones.

For everything it, from the evening, I save in the event of unavoidable necessity, nobody crossed over there, fearful of suffering an assault or, at least, to pass a fright given by thief or bandits who were been worth of as much as I mediate it can imagine to reach the achievement of their companies, the ignorance and the superstition of the masse that allowed to create and to disclose legends and lies exploding especially.

 
The Church and the Convent
 

The neighborhood takes its name of the Convent of Barefoot Recoletos, lifted in a called chacra “The Ombúes” that received the neighboring founder and first mayor, Rodrigo Ortiz of Zárate, in the allotment of lands made by the general Juan of Garay the 1583.

In 1716 settled a chapel and a rudimentary convent and the steps began for the construction of a convent for the parents Recoletos and a called Aragonese merchant Narbona, was interested in the construction of the same one and also to also make a church. First, it achieved that they will donate him then the lands it built a great casa, Por being of Aragon, Narbona made that the church was dedicated to the Pilar's virgin.

The church dedicated by Narbona to Our Mrs. of the Pilar it was inaugurated October of 1732, 12 in brilliant ceremony to which attended the civil, ecclesiastical and military authorities, besides numerous concurrence of faithful.

The harmonious silhouette of the temple was perceived from far, to be built in the highest part in the ravine and without other buildings that hid it.

The successive levelings of the neighboring streets, the grove of the walk, and, mainly, the sky-scrapers lifted in these last years, contribute now to hide the church and the convent. Their interior contains artistic images as that of San Pedro of Arcántara (Gray-headed Alonso), a crucified Christ of the same time, and a frontal of silver of colonial invoice.

Under their vaults they rest the remains of numerous personalities, deceaseds before governing the prohibition of burying in the temples.

The Cemetery was born together with the Temple like cemetery. During the time of Rivadavia the cemetery was condemned and became the cemetery of the North, and it began him to him to know as Recoleta. 

Toward 1770 the appearance was regularized from the rural properties to the north of the current square San Martin, it was made in angle of 45' regarding the original appearance prepared by Garay in the South Neighborhood. It was a chacras area united by a road irregular call Remains silent Long, current Av. Quintana. The river arrived until the border of the ravine, covering the lands where it is at the moment the him museum of Beautiful Artes, 

March 30 1830 were created the Parish under their Employer's invocation.

The annexed convent had varied destinations outside of the primitive one: political detainees' jail, barracks, asylum and hospital your last destination were the old de cobijar who their cloisters and gardens travel.

 
Plazoletas and Pilgrimages
 

For ends of the XVIII century, the well-known notary Don Facundo of Blackish and Refined possessed two land apples in front of the church of Our Mrs. of the Pilar that were added to the Convent of the Recoletos after several incidences and, later, partly of them, was formed the plazoleta of the Recoleta (1807).  

On the ravine, during many years, there was a well-known canyon as “of the Recoleta” and that it constituted the north defense you Bs. Ace., denominated Battery of the Recoleta. 

During a lot of time it continued being a vast uncultured land, dump of garbages and refuge of loose animals. But for 1816 Brother Francisco Castañeda, guardian of the convent of the Recoletos directed a he notices the government claiming that the work was undertaken of composing it by means of you dam, making at the same time feasible the ravine for cars and carretas. 

In this plazoleta and in the adjacent lands toward the first floor and the north, they took place the parties or Pilgrimages of the Pilar's Virgin and San Pedro of Alcántara. The Buenos Aires youth, during the government's rosista years, didn't enjoy many parties; so such Pilgrimages had great favor and they summoned a great public. The dance, the snack and the one traveled of bandolas (positions) they made seem you cut the hours lapsed in the Recoleta.

However before century end the police should prohibit them since they were increasing the disorders in this parties.

During the epidemic of yellow fever in 1871 the funeral of the victims was prohibited in these properties although its relatives possessed lands reserved in the same one. When Torcuato of Alvear was intendant the cemetery it was remodeled, and the entrance was built that today it possesses.

In the Recoleta big personalities of the country are buried, less Rivadavia than the creó and the Deán Zavaleta that consecrated it. Due to the appearance of a saladero and a slaughterhouse of sheep the area that was of big fifth, left populating of ranches everything along the river and sometimes in the grown ones of this camalotes came with animals as two yaguaretes.

One of them attacked a horse to eat up it, then appeared in front of a grocery called "Poor Devil" where they killed him to shots. It is counted that the pulpero kept the skin of the feline and it showed it to the neighbors so that they will remember its feat. The neighborhood was growing and when the Dr. Alvear was intendant the important avenues they were traced and big large houses and estates were built, those that at the moment last in this neighborhood. Due to the quantity of beggars that inhabited this area, you creó the Asylum where today the Cultural Center is located Recoleta.

Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723