Turismo en Argentina
Buscar alojamientos, excursiones ,etc
Información de Argentina
 
   La Boca
   San Telmo
   Monserrat
   San Nicolás
   Retiro 
   Recoleta
   Balvanera
   Puerto Madero
   Palermo
   Belgrano
   Flores
   Mataderos
 
   4 Tracks
   Air Activity
   Nautical Activty
   Horse Riding
   Hiking 
   Hunting
   Fishing
  Climbing
   Mountain Bike
   Paragliding
   Rafting
   Sauna-Spa
   Trekking
 
   Golf Courses
   Ski Resorts
   Argentine Wines
   Rural Tourism
   The Tango  
   Tourist Trains
   Jesuitics buildings
   Nationals Parks
 
 
History of Flores
Iglesia de Flores en 1840

 

 

 

Casa señoral en Flores en Pedernera y Laferrere en 1943

 

 

 

Pasaje  Pescadores

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
At the beginning of the XVII century it arrived in Buenos Aires coming from the Peru, gift Loyal Mateo of Ayala who acquired an extensive property of 500 sticks in this area belonging to the one for then denominated Payment of the Slaughter.

In 1790, after several proprietors, gift Juan Diego Flores was the owner of most of the primitive property. It was their heir, gift Ramón Francisco Flores who together with their manager and friend Antonio Millán, crystallized the birth of the town whose names you had already generalized being designated him as Flores' lands. In 1806 their proprietors donated an apple for the church, being reserved other properties for the square and other public dependences. The remaining lands were fractioned in apples of sixteen lots, beginning the sales in 1808.

The name of the town had already been officialized in 1806 when being created the rectory of San José of Flores whose town was born to both sides of the Real Road (at the moment avenue Rivadavia), obligatory journey for those who traveled toward the west. Four years later the party of San José of Flores will arise.

In the church of the place they were carried out the funeral of Manuel Dorrego and in the square of the town they were shot, in platoons, to the opponents of Roses.

As for Flores' square it fits to point out that it always occupied the place that was reserved in the primitive plane, being used in having reiterated opportunities to make condemned people's executions for the justice to the capital pain. Their first name was "14 of Julio", then it was denominated "San José" and finally received the name of "General Pueyrredón" that conserves so far, although it is not able to displace the popular denomination of Square Flores. This square was a fallow land until in the time of Roses the first gardens were built and numerous trees were planted, until acquiring the aspect of walk public that still maintains.

The neighborhood had from its beginnings its own cemetery, which should be transferred later on to be in a central area and finally in 1871 the current one was inaugurated.

It was very famous for their enormous fifths, generally used in summery season, but mainly for the personality of their occupants, therefore, the same Juan Manuel of Roses had his field establishment near Flores, he was also assiduous visitor of the fifth of the Terrero, partner, godfather and sometimes, his judicial manager. The fifth of Terrero was located in that that at the moment is the avenue Rivadavia 6440. They were made big parties and political meetings there. It is in the hall door of that fifth where Manuelita Roses discharged to its Maximum, when this left to the battle of Landlords, as its father's assistant, occasion in that gave him its handkerchief, embroidered by herself and that today it is conserved in the National Historical Museum

Until the Gral. Urquiza installed in the neighborhood its house fifth after Landlords, to which Palacio called San José. It was located among the street of the Federation (today Av. Rivadavia) and Carabobo. In that house it was where Urquiza, promulgated the Fundamental Law and it ordered it to print.

In 1857 the first railroad line was inaugurated that Lavalle went from the current Square until The Floresta.

There it was sworn and it communicated to the whole country. In that same place the Pact of National Unit was signed in November of 1859, in which the county is reinstated from Buenos Aires to the Confederation.

Hundred of important characters' fifths could be enumerated, but we will limit ourselves for the time being only to that of the English Eduardo Mulhall, called "Lambaré", in homage to the cacique of the same name.

They say that their owner was a very dear and elegant character, always dressed of Levite and carrying galley of gray glass, of so good manners that you/they called it "good" English. His gardens were especially reconfortantes for the perfume of the eucaliptus, and pines that acted as a sedative one that invited to the meditation, Among other, it was very visited by his neighbor, the Gral. Rock who enjoyed the gardens and of English's company, tinging their encounters with the chess game.

The construction of the current church began in 1879, time for which the old building construído during the government of Roses was in dangerous state. The new temple was inaugurated February 18 1883.

In 1887, Flores and their party they were annexed next to Belgrano to the limits of the Federal Capital. From that moment the town one of the most important neighborhoods in Buenos Aires became, being constituted with the step of the years in the social and commercial nucleus of the whole Buenos Aires west.
Viajoporargentina - Información turística sobre la República Argentina
© 2003- Prohibida su reproducción total o parcial. Derechos de Autor 527292 Ley 11723