|History of Junin
|September 27 1826 the
then president of the Nation, Bernardino Rivadavia,
emits an ordinance in which orders to establish
three strong with the purpose of enlarging the
frontier line. Strong one of these three was
that of The Potroso and in August of 1827, it
is designated Juan Manuel of Rosas so that it
occupies the position of Major General of Opposite.
The layout of the strong one of The Potroso is
in the engineer's hands Teodoro Schuster who
recommends not to lift the outpost in the Hill
Colorado, just as it was foreseen, but making
it to 21 blocks of that place, in the left riverbank
of the Salado river.
In 1829 a rising takes place in the strong one headed by two commanders of the
place. The rebellion is contained thanks to working of the soldier Isidoro Suárez
who in 1824 it had participated in the battle of Junín for the freedom
of Peru. In homage to their work in the defense of the strong one the Fort name
of the Federation is changed and it begins him to him to call Junín. The
year 1830 find practically abandoned and uninhabited to the fort. Many of the
ranches are completely destroyed because of the time and of the frequent attacks
of the Indians.
During the government of Roses, the commandant José Followed position
of the fort one it is made. He was an African that had arrived to the country
integrating a contingent of slaves. He unites then to the army and he stands
out in some stocks. Prosecuting tenacious of Indians and faithful servant of
Rosas, it was very severe during the 12 years that their command lasted. In 1863,
their body was found completely destroyed in the field that Roses had given him.
In 1852, year in which falls the régime rosista, the Fort of the Federation
it recaptures the name of Junín again and the situation is preocupante.
It is no longer Rosas to negotiate with the Indians. Repeated malones razes the
fort one and they force its residents to look for asylum and protection in the
interior. For this time there was not neither it cures neither doctor. There
were not school neither church and the soldiers lack the necessary weapons and
of an appropriate feeding.
Everything begins practically of zero when in 1857 the new layout of the town
settles down: the main street, today September 20, and the traverse ones, the
apples for the houses of the inhabitants, the church, the barracks of the troops,
the school, the watch's square, the grocery. And March 23 1861 begin in Junín
the municipal régime with 4 municipal, today councilmen. One year before,
the house was born Basterreix. In front of the square of the town, this house
of general fields and of storing of cereals it is today the oldest building that
exists in Junín.
Although in 1864 the party, one year is believed Junín later a small town
it was considered by the government, just as they consign it the historical documents.
It has then for that 1929 inhabitants (disseminated in the chacras and the stays
of the region), and 33 ranches. The registrations say: "The town is a military
position composed by 33 houses, some ranches, 886 inhabitants, barracks and school
with 90 students."
It passes the time and Junín it grows. The public illumination settles
down with fed streetlights to kerosene, they settle trees in the main square,
the Central Cemetery is built, since in a first moment he was where it is today
the square Alem. Residents arrive to the area, attracted fundamentally by a reason:
the Indian malones, after the campaign to the desert begun by Roca, no longer
constituted a danger for the establishments. To the book credit more residents,
the communication necessity is born. The calls messagings that unite Junín
with the towns of Chacabuco, called National Guard, and Chivilcoy arise.
| In spite of the growth that begins to blunt in
Junín, it is the railroad the one that
marks a before and a later in the history of
the progress and the development of the city.
The first train, of the brunch Argentinean Central
Railroad, arrives in 1880. It leaves the city
of Luján and it finished in Parchment,
where two brunches opened up, one went toward
San Nicolás and another to Junín
whose station was in what is today the bus station.
The roads ran for the current avenue San Martin.
As ago in all the cities in those that
had station, the Central one lifts a wall along
the street that today is known as May 25, from
Goatherd until Alberdi, where there were two
steps at levels.
In 1884 the brunch arrives Buenos Aires later
to the Pacific, and two years the rail shops.
Between the wall and the roads of the new brunch
the New Town is born where the English inhabitants
are located that had to its position to the organization
and administration of the railroads. Vestiges
of their step are San Marcos' College, the building
of the administration, the Methodist temple.
An important wave of residents is resided in
Junín, many of them immigrants, in its
Spanish and Italian majority that came to the
country attracted by the laws inmigratorias dictated
during Julio's government A. Rock. The quantity
of inhabitants grows vertiginously.
Before 1880, the population didn't arrive 2000
people. In 1895, the census establishes that
in Junín there are 12.500 inhabitants
approximately, counting those that are in the
rural area and park that, as Morse and Roca that
begin to be born in the region.
With the new brunch the loteo of the area that
Tierra del Fuego called himself takes place,
today Neighborhood Belgrano. There many of the
new inhabitants were located, workers of the
today disappeared rail shops.
Another phenomenon took place with the arrival
of the brunches. Junín was divided in
three towns very little official statements:
the Old Town, to the north of the wall, the New
Town, between the wall and the roads of the Buenos
Aires to the Pacific, and Tierra del Fuego. For
this reason when in 1912 the wall is destroyed
thanks to the requested of the neighbors of the
place, there is not three Junín, but two
that today still continues separated by the roads
of the railroad.
In 1937 and due to the crisis of the '30, the
Argentinean Power station and the Buenos Aires
to the Pacific fuse. It was no longer necessary
that two stations existed for oneself brunch,
and the roads and the station of the Central
one they disappear.
For the importance that begins to acquire Junín,
in 1892 a branch of the Bank Nation opens its
doors in front of the main square. Ten years
later makes it the Bank County. And in that same
time they are born for the leisure and the entertainment
of the residents the sweet shop 9 of Julio and
the Italian Theater.
The Municipal, such Palacio which today knows
it, is built in 1904. Junín had grown
a lot. In the rail shops they worked for 1906,
1607 workers, depending on them 6000 people.
In and of itself Junín is declared city
in the year 1906.